Each year carries many new beginnings and learnings for us, and this time we wanted to pen and share ours from the last year with you. Here are 21 things we learnt in 2021, and are taking forward with us in 2022!
1. Shadow work
A practice of healing and self-growth that has helped us unwrap the parts of ourselves that we unconsciously repress or hide from ourselves.
2. Communicating who we are through our art and design
Working on our typography, visual layout and experimenting with different niches to express to you what we are doing and where we are heading
3. Following a personalized routine
The rhythm of doing things with consistency in ways that suit us individually has been grounding and exciting
4. The effect that energy has on us
Understanding how our body and mind responds to another’s energy and the impact it has on us, as well as others, has brought forth powerful change in how we conduct ourselves with everyone.
5. Balancing spending time with ourselves and socializing with our loved ones
It’s taken us quite a few months to nail this one and arrive at a place of peace and joy with it.
6. Including more healthy foods into our diet
Addition, subtraction; subtraction, addition has been the key for us.
7. Produce a podcast
We learnt how to prepare, record, edit and publish a successful podcast series from scratch and had so much fun in the process
8. Move from a place of personal authenticity
We’ve continually dedicated time to understanding ourselves more and be guided to follow what feels authentic to us
9. That we love listening to audio books, sometimes over reading
They make us feel like the speaker is personally involved in what they’re talking about and offer more ease with their work
10. Stay calm and problem solve under stress
Keeping our head down and solving different challenges calmly in high crises situations has been a revelation
11. Open up with new people
A little uncomfortable to begin with, engaging with new people freely has shown itself to be a delight.
12. The power of repetition
Mindfully doing things over and over has taught us how capable we are of mastering skills
13. Slow work
Throughout the year we fine-tuned practices that would allow us to work slowly and have fun doing it.
14. Trying things outside our comfort zone can be both safe and fun
We made a whole list with this one and followed it to the end to notice that there’s so much we enjoy about the things we are often hesitant to try before.
15. The value of filing and organizing our work documents
Simplifying, editing, cleaning, organizing, recategorizing, optimizing on a bi-weekly basis make things dramatically easy to navigate through
16. To practice interdependence
Asking for help as well as doing things collaboratively with others is as much a joy as doing everything independently.
17. To improvise or moving with spontaneity
Moving with our natural urges and creativity when they come up, even if they don’t coincide with our elaborately planned schedules.
18. To trust our driving skills more
Passing through the narrow roads of Bangalore everyday amidst the thickest traffic has given us more confidence in taking the wheel.
19. Use a planner (more) effectively
Whatever the templates or prompts, we’ve seen that we first need to make our planner our own and give it our personality in order to make it work and have it offer us the results that it’s designed to.
20. Understanding that no matter how perfectly we try to do things, we will still make mistakes and errors
They aren’t always avoidable and we don’t have to penalize anyone to learn how to do things correctly
21. That rest inspires action
The most beautiful thing we learnt – timely rest sparks our creativity, willingness and desire to do things in a way that nothing else does.
Are there any things from our list that coincide with your own from 2021? If you still haven’t made one, we encourage you to go ahead and make it now for we wonder what sweet things you’ll remember and continue to do!